Event Day Program
|1730||Bag deposit commences||Bag deposit point|
|1730||Fancy dress participants start registration/ get participants to sign||Fountain Square|
|1800||Photobooth commences||Fountain Square|
|1815||Start pen opens, first group proceeds to start line||Fountain Square|
|1830||Run starts / First flag off||Start Point|
|1830||Start of photobooth
Start of stage games
|1845||Beer redemption starts||Various collection points|
|1920||Registration for fancy dress closes||Fountain Square|
|1930||Last flag-off||Start Point|
|1950||Live music performance by 10.seconds (set 1)||Fountain Square (stage)|
|2010||Start of prize presentation for Fancy Dress contests||Fountain Square (stage)|
|2025||End of prize presentation for Fancy Dress contests||Fountain Square (stage)|
|2030||Live music performance by 10.seconds (set 2)||Fountain Square (stage)|
|2110||Live music performance by 10.seconds (set 3)||Fountain Square (stage)|
|2130||Close of bag deposit area||Bag deposit point|
|2130||End of beer collection||Various collection points|
|2130||End of Run for Beer 2017. Perfect start to the weekend!|
Fancy Dress Championships
Leave your cheesy running attire at home and show up for Run for Beer 2017 all decked out! Dress to impress in your most creative, wackiest, sexiest, funniest and/or most head-turning outfit and stand a chance to clinch the coveted title of the Fancy Dress Champion. The top 3 participants to emerge victorious in each category will walk away with awesome prizes. Register yourselves at the Fancy Dress Booth to be in the running to win over $4,000 in prizes! More details here.
All participants MUST pin his/her race bib on the front of his/her running tee/costumes at ALL TIMES during the race. Any runner without a race bib will not be allowed to take part in the race or enter the route.
Run for Beer is a NON-COMPETITIVE fun run and there is not prizes for how fast or slow you go. SO RELAX! Please run safely and look out for any obstacles that you may encounter along the way. No need for pushing, shoving and trash talking. Remember, we all want to make it back safely for the beers!
No Drinking Before Running
Participants who consume alcohol before running strongly advised to not run and will not be allowed into the start holding pen. The organiser takes a strict stance on intoxicated participants prior to the run. For the safety of all participants and the public, may disallow participants deemed intoxicated/drunk from taking part in the run. We seek you kind cooperation in this regard and thank you for your understanding.
Forming Up in the Start Holding Pen
All participants are to form up at the start holding pen (look for the floating beer balloon) once you’re ready to run. To minimise congestion, you will be brought to the starting line in groups where you will be flagged off in waves for the 3.2km run. Flag-offs will be done in continuous waves from 6:30pm to 7:30pm.
Beer Collection Points
All participants have been assigned their designated beer collection points. The collection points are stated on the beer coupons with your race bibs. You may only redeem your beer(s) at the outlets that has been preassigned to you. Exclusive promotions are also available so you can continue your night of fun! Please refer to the map below to locate your collection points. Please be reminded to collect your beers by 9:30pm.
Remember to stay hydrated WITH WATER. If you are feeling unwell, you are advised not to take part in the run.
There will be auxiliary officers, route marshals, medical personnel along the entire route. Do not hesitate to approach them for any assistance.
Collection of Medals
Medals will be presented to all finishers at the Athlete Welfare Area after they complete the run.
We would like to urge all participants to play their part by keeping the area clean and disposing off their litter only in the available bins
1. START HOLDING AREA AND START POINT
1a. BANDIT RUNNERS
– No bib, no run
– No dogs, no push prams, skates board, skate scooters, inline skates etc – except with approval of the Organiser
1b. DRINKING BEFORE RUNNING
– Participants who drank before running will be advise to not run and will not be allowed into the start holding pen. Intoxicated participants might get their bib cancelled out and will not be allowed to run.
1c. RACE START
– There will be 5 flag-off timing blacks: 6:30pm 6:45pm, 7pm, 7:15pm and 7:30pm
– Within each time block there will be multiple waves of flag-offs
– Cut off time for late runners is 7.30pm to the start holding pen
– Runners who miss their flag-off block time will be stopped from running
2. END POINT
2a. BANDIT RUNNERS
– Bandit Runners who run through the end point will not be entitled to runner’s entitlements.
2b. FINISHER’S ENTITLEMENTS
– No bib, no finisher medal and towel.
– Participants are to present their bib to collect the finisher medal and the Towel
– One Medal and one towel per bib.
– Finisher medals are for participants who have completed the race only.
– Finisher medals and towel will be issued after the end gantry
– If the event is cancelled on the day due to increment weather and unforeseen circumstances, finisher medals will be given out only on site at the venue. Collection is via presentation of bib and it will be one bib one medal.
3. EVENT DAY PARTICIPANTS’ WELFARE
3a. HYDRATION POINTS
– There is no hydration point at the start and along the route.
– Bottled water will be made available for runner with bib only at the end point after the finish line.
3b. BEER REDEMPTION
– Beer will only be served to participants after they have completed the Run
– Participants are required to proceed to designated collection points stated on the bib and present the appended beer coupon(s) to redeem beer(s).
– Redemption of beer type is on first-come-first-serve basis.
– No coupon no beer
– No finisher medal no beer
3c. MEDICAL SERVICE
– The event will have only have first aid services along the route and at the end point.
– Services is only applicable for Participants
– The cost of simple medical services and attention will be borne by the Organiser.
– In the event of emergency, where participant may need to be evacuated to the nearest hospital, the cost of the ambulance transport and hospital medical care services shall be borne by the participant.
4. ON THE SPOT REGISTRATION AND BIB COLLECTION
– No on the spot registration will be entertained.
– No bib collection will be entertained on event day.
5. BAGGAGE DEPOSIT
– Baggage deposit is only available for participants who had pre-purchased the service online at point of registration.
– While maximum care and security will be enforced, the Race Organiser will not be responsible for any loss or damaged items. Participants who have chosen to use this service will do so at their own risk.
– Please note that the baggage deposit will close at 9:30pm. As such, you are advised to collect your items before that.
For more details Rules & Regulations, please click here.